Saturday, May 3, 2014

BILLS, BILLS, BILLS




I almost can't stand checking the mailbox.  And there are some days I don't!  I feel like we get so many bills in the mail and it's depressing to get the mail.  On the flip side we also get checks.  With hubbys business we also get checks in the mail for the work he has done!  Now, most would be excited to check the mail in hopes for a check, but me?  I still can't stand checking the mail.  There are days where hubby asked if I got it and usually the answer is "nope".

In the past week we have received quite a few holy crapola bills in the mail.  I posted about our tax preparation bill we got this week, $1100.  On top of that we filed our end of year sales tax, hubbys second business has to pay sales tax yearly.  That amount is to the tune of $923.  WOWZA!  On top of those two, we also received our applications for entry fees for some events we do for hubbys second business.  Those entry fees are to the tune of $1550!  Shocking, I know!  But, after those events we usually have some pretty serious moolah to deposit.  Its the initial entry fee that is hard to dish out!

So the next question how do we pay those hefty bills this month?

$3,573 

Most people, including us, don't have an extra four grand in the safe.  We do have $1000 in our EF for emergencies.  I'm sure hubby would call this an emergency!  I however, don't think so!  We probably could get away with paying our accountant next month, the taxes need to be paid and if we don't pay the entry fees, we won't get into the event and won't have the moolah.  We could delay paying our debt down and use that money for these bills or hubby could try and get some extra income w/ his business on top of what he usually makes each month.  A couple times a month we have events for hubbys second business and have cash sales (with sales tax due at the end of the year).  This weekend we may make some extra money with the second business if the weather is nice, we could have nice sales.  However the forecast isn't looking great for business.  I guess this is one of those "family meetings" hubby and I need to have on Dave Ramsey's plan.  So, this post will be TBC.................


No comments:

Post a Comment